THE LAKES OF NATCHEZ TRACE VILLAGE
We will be posting information here soon about our two lakes in Natchez Trace Village
We have the large lake, called the lower lake, and the smaller lake, called the upper lake. The reason for the "upper" and "lower" appellations is because the smaller lake has a water level higher than that in the larger lake. There is a berm, or dam between the two lakes to separate them and to keep the water levels where they need to be.
On this map you can see both lakes.
NTV LAKE RULES:
- Only members of the Natchez Trace Village Property Owners Association (NTV POA) in good standing, and their guests, may use the lakes.
- Only boats or personal watercraft (jet skis) owned by a member of the NTV POA are allowed on the lakes unless prior board approval is obtained.
- No on eunder the age of twelve shall operate a motorboat or personal watercraft (PWC) unless accompanied by an adult.
- Anyone operating a motorboat or PWC and born after June 30, 1980, must possess a safe boating certificate issued by the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (DWF&P).
- An observer or mirror must be used while waterskiing.
- An NTV POA member must accompany any guest who is using common areas of either lake.
- No throw nets, trot lines, or unattended hooks are allowed on either lake.
- Catch and release all bass until further notice.
- Personal flotation devisces must be used in accordance with the DWF&P rules and regulations.
- Motor boats and PWC should operate in a safe and courteous manner. Boaters must maintain an appropriate distance from any other boat, shorelines, docks, swimmers, and waterfowl.
- Observe all no wake zones.
CURRENTLY, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, BECAUSE OF SILT CONGESTION, THERE WILL BE NO MOTOR BOATING ON EITHER LAKE.
We will be adding more information soon about the lakes. Stay tuned.